One advantage of Select Benefits is its flexibility. Take advantage of it by working with your benefits broker to customize one or more policies from available benefit options to help meet the needs of your employees and eligible dependents.
- Which benefits to include. You know what your plan participants need and want.
- What amount you wish to contribute. While we highly encourage employer contribution, we don’t require a minimum amount.
- Who is eligible to participate.
- Whether the plan will include eligible dependents.
Plans are classified as either monthly or hourly.
This is our most popular plan type. It offers the same level of coverage at a fixed monthly rate. It's used by policyholders who have a staff that works a consistent number of hours from month to month.
This plan type is a unique option. It's used by policyholders who have a staff that works an unpredictable number of hours from month to month or who have been awarded government service contracts and are required to spend a certain amount on employee benefits.
- The premium is based on the hours each eligible employee works per month. The more hours worked, the richer the benefits.
- The level of coverage is determined by the number of hours worked the previous month. For example, an employee who works 95 hours in May is eligible for Level II benefits in June.
|Level I||1 through 90 hours worked|
|Level II||91 through 130 hours worked|
|Level III||131 + hours worked|
For more information about this plan type, please see our Hourly Plan Overview.
Monthly plans can be offered as add-ons to a core set of benefits.
- With this design, the employer pays 100% of the premium for a core set of benefits. Participants can enrich their plan by purchasing additional coverage.
- Buy-up options are voluntary and paid by insureds through payroll deduction.
|Composite:||Insured + all eligible dependents at one rate.|
Insured + spouse
Insured + children
Select Benefits insurance policies are not a replacement for a major medical policy or other comprehensive coverage. They are designed to provide benefits at a preselected, fixed-dollar amount. Coverage may be subject to exclusions, limitations, reductions, and termination of benefit provisions. Select Benefits policies are insured by Symetra Life Insurance Company located at 777 108th Avenue NE, Suite 1200, Bellevue, WA 98004, and are not available in all U.S. states or any U.S. territory.